"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, June 04, 2010

In The Good Ole' Summer Time

First 100-degree day of 2010 marks start of hot season

Soon, the wind will blow, and it will not cool you off.

It will make your skin hurt.

Walking outside will make your face feel like it did on Thanksgiving when you opened the oven to check on the turkey, and you forgot to turn your head away, and a blast of superheated dry air smacked you in the face and curled your eyelashes back and took your breath away, and for just an instant you thought, "Oh, my goodness. I believe I might go blind."

You will get in your car, and you will leave the top layer of your skin on the steering wheel.

You will walk barefoot across the sidewalk and regret it.

You will drink down a quart of water in one swift gulp.

You will consider sneaking into the pool at Arizona Charlie's to cool off.

Wish you'd tinted your windows.

Brought a hat.

Worked graveyard.

You will curse Las Vegas and the idiots who decided to build a city in the middle of the desert.

[...]
Every year I curse. Every year, I'm still here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Jean said...

yep. 97 here today. sheesh.

curmudgeon said...

I'm fairly happy we don't have much humidity.