"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, January 22, 2010

10 Things Every Geek Should Know

I prefer the tag Nerd over Geek, but most people still refer to us nerds as geeks.
Anyway, here you go:
TechRepublic: 10 things every geek should know
  1. Every geek should be able to give the Vulcan “Live long and prosper” hand signal from Star Trek.
  2. A true geek must be able to carry on a conversation using only Monty Python quotes.
  3. To be a proper geek, one must know the answer to the Ultimate Question.
  4. In order to show that you are a Master Geek, you must be able to name the primary characters of all five Star Trek series.
  5. Like that geek hero, Ash, all geeks should know the three words you must recite in order to retrieve The Book of the Dead.
  6. A geek must know how and when to implement the Konami Code.
  7. A smart geek should recognize WoW and OOo and be able to explain them to a non-geek.
  8. A romantic geek can say “I love you” in binary.
  9. A savvy geek knows at least one way to kill a Dalek.
  10. Any life-loving geek has a survival plan for a zombie apocalypse and knows the best way to kill a zombie.
So how do I fare:
  1. Not a problem
  2. Somewhat
  3. 42
  4. Again, not a problem
  5. Not quite
  6. I don't do much gaming
  7. That I can do
  8. Maybe write it, but not say it
  9. Now that, I'm not sure
  10. Yes
So there you have it. I'm about a 60%-70% total nerd.

But give me any shit about it and I'll kick your ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1, 2, and 3 = yes.
4 = no because no one watched Voyager.
5-10 = I don't even understand the questions.

curmudgeon said...

I think Voyager was tossed out there as an effort to get girls interested in Star Trek.

I mean, a woman captain? C'mon now.