"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Frigidaire Is T3h Sux0rz - Cont...

Originally posted 8/24/05:
Don't buy Frigidaire appliances.

We remodeled our kitchen last year, and in the process purchased a new refrigerator, dishwasher, range and microwave. There was a deal going on if you bought the set, so we did.
They were in place less than a month when the water filter on the fridge started leaking and the ice maker quit working.
The fridge has a one year warranty, but the icemaker only had a 30 day warranty. What quality equipment. 30 fucking days? Yeah, that's confidence.
So I immediately purchased the extended warranty, something I usually don't do. But since the thing broke already, I figgered I had better buy it, then let them know it broke.
I went to the Frigidaire web site to find out who could come and fix the thing. There were a few local folks that would, but the soonest would be two weeks. Two effing weeks.
Well they finally got it fixed.

Now the oven don't work.
Again, the appliances have only been in place since April. I get to find someone to come fix the shit again.
Who'd-a thought. Ranges usually last years. This one broke within six months.

DON'T BUY FRIGIDAIRE SHIT!!!!


Update: They're coming to fix the shit saturday September 3rd. Nothing like prompt service.
It's a good thing I don't use the oven that often.


Now to the continued part...

So about a year after this post, the microwave quit. Dead as hell.
With all the bad reviews and high cost of fixing shit, I just replaced it. The new one has been working fine for the most part.

But Sunday evening, the dishwasher - yes, the FUCKING dishwasher decides to quit now too. Frigidaire is SHIT!!!
After perusing the web to see if I could find clues on how to fix it, the only things I found were bad reviews and various curses. Nothing on where to troubleshoot.
In fact, I found two threads where people said their Frigidaire dishwasher had caught fire and the people were glad they were home at the time or their house could have burned to the ground.
So that settled it. The dishwasher isn't even going to get checked into. It is going out to the curb. Fuck that. Even if I did fix it, I don't need the piece of shit catching the house on fire.

Oh, and one more time for the search engines:

Frigidaire Sucks!
Frigidaire is shit!
Frigidaire can kiss my ass!
Frigidaire can get fucked!
Frigidaire can go to hell!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Jean said...

Sucks.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

Wish I still had my original post about GE...

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Damn, I was looking forward to engaging in a friendly argument, but you posted an opinion I completely agree with! I never got screwed by a Frigidaire purchase, but I bought a house that had their appliances... and they all ended up with freaky problems.... to the point that I wondered if my house was haunted!

I guess we'll have to disagree some other day! Good to "see" you again!
- Rachael

curmudgeon said...

Jean,
Yes. Just to remind you once again, Frigidaire sucks.

Mark,
Yeah, they're no better.

Rachael,
Welcome back! It's been a while!

You can definitely rest assured it wasn't a haunting of the house.

Oh, and I'm sure we'll find something to 'discuss' again. :)