"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Random Musings From Vacation - I

So like I mentioned earlier, me and Mrs Curmudgeon took an Alaskan cruise for our vacation. Very cool. Again, I would highly recommend to anyone who is outdoorsy or likes spotting wildlife at all.

We started by taking a flight to Seattle, then a puddle-jumper flight to Vancouver from where the boat was leaving.
We spent the night in Vancouver, then boarded the boat around 1 p.m. Now why so many of those things leave from Vancouver is a puzzlement, but having to go through airport security, then customs, then boat security all in that short of time is a pain in the ass. You also have to go through security every time you get back on the boat, then airport security and customs once or twice more when you fly home. Thanks you fucking camel-fucking ragheads. And oh, let's not forget to include DHS and fucking TSA.
Beard trimming scissors? NYET! Liquids? NEIN! Yeah, I'm really going to take control of a fucking airplane with 1" scissors and 4 ounces of sunblock.

Anyway, there we were, in Vancouver, our first day. We're wandering around the city with the other couple we went with, just checking things out and looking for someplace for supper. Vancouver has its share of bums, and they all like to smoke. For free. They all ask for change and/or a cigarette. And no, they got neither from me. Assholes.

So Mrs Curmudgeon wanders into a little shop to check things out, and I'm standing outside with the other couple waiting when a bag lady walks up and asks for some change. We reply "No", to which she replies "Can I buy a cigarette for a quarter?".
Now let me get this straight. You want money, probably for booze or smokes, but if you don't get it you want to buy a smoke?
Well the dude I was with most cheerfully says "No, I won't sell you one but I'll give you one." and pulls his pack out of his shirt pocket. She takes a quick look and walks of muttering "I don't like Marlboros."

So me and the other couple are all looking at each other like what the fuck? She wants pocket change but when none is given she wants to buy a smoke, but yet she's being picky about what kind she gets for free? It just didn't add up.

I guess I'll just have to blame it on the weirdness of canuks.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments: