"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wind Does Have An Up Side

I hate the fucking wind. Really. I do. But this time, I'm somewhat glad for it:
At least 10 units in apartment complex engulfed in flames

[...]
Officials said the fire, located in the 1100 block of Dumont Boulevard, began around 6:15 a.m. and continues to burn steadily as of 7:45 a.m. Clark County firefighters are battling the blaze with help from Las Vegas Fire Department firefighters and Las Vegas police.

The fire has jumped from rooftop to rooftop, aided by heavy winds. Firefighters have positioned themselves on roofs and created a perimeter around the flames, hoping to contain the fire to the minimum number of units possible.
[...]
Call me cold, call me heartless, whatever. Blah blah blah, families getting misplaced during the Christmas season and all that, but not in this case.
I've had a house burn down before and it ain't no treat. I was six or seven years old, and it was a January day. We were able to get a lot of important to use stuff out, but the house was a loss.
We were displaced, but luckily we had relatives to put us up until we were able to get into another place.
So there is the smallest twinge of compassion I feel for any decent families who may live in these apartments.

However, this apartment complex is in one of the most fucked up, drug-filled shitholes in the city. In fact, the fire probably started in a meth lab. So no. I don't feel sorry for the rest of them at all.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: