"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Right To Choose

Acidman states his opinion on the Supreme Courts' ruling upholding Oregon's physician-assisted suicide law:
I've always found puzzling the logic that says government can sanction abortion, and even dictate that other people have to pay for it, while making suicide a crime. What do feminists say about abortion? "It's MY body, to do with as I please!" I agree, even though I think abortion used as common post-coital birth-control is wrong. It's a right of "privacy," according to abortion proponents.

Why not apply the same rules to suicide? It's MY body, to do with as I please, and if abortion is a privacy issue, the decision to kill myself surely ought to be.
Some would say the same thing about drugs, smokes, booze or even cheeseburgers for that matter.

No comments: