"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Monday, April 17, 2006

Just A Couple Vacation Notes

Because I know you were just dying to know about my vacation.
I'll post some pictures I took one of these days but for now, here's a quick rundown.

We had friends from Illinois visit us. Since they hadn't been to Utah before, we took them for a few days to see some gorgeous country.

The first day, we went to Bryce Canyon National Park. We were there early enough to see the sunrise. It is a completely different experience to see the canyon at that time of day, but next time we will plan it a little closer to sunrise. We were there an hour early, but the stars and planets (Venus, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars) were plentiful. It was worth it.
Some of the group hiked into the canyon, but I was too lazy. I stayed on top and took a bunch of pictures.

On our way back home, we went through Zion Canyon National Park.
We did a little exploring, "ooo"-ing and "awe"-ing there, then stopped at some of the many shops along the main streets of the many little towns. Yes. A lot of shops.
Luckily, there were two of us men and two boys who were to antsy to allow for much shopping time.

The day after we got back home, we went to Valley of Fire State Park and Lost City Museum. Very cool seeing all the indian dwellings and items from the villages, and some more gorgeous scenery.

Saturday, Mrs. C and I went to see .38 Special. Remember them? It was a great show. They played all their hits, and a couple songs from their new album.

All in all, it was a very nice week.


Now go look at the pictures on those links until I get mine posted.

2 comments:

Peggasus said...

I'll wait for your pictures.

We have always loved .38 Special! I didn't know they were still doing new stuff. Was it any good? I'd buy it if it was, and we'd go see them too if they ever came around here.

curmudgeon said...

They're one of my all-time favorites.
Granted, some of their songs are filler, but they also have some great songs.
They only played two songs from the new album, but I thought they were pretty good.
You can hear a couple samples if you go to the 'Discography' link.

Anyway, check out the 'On the road' link! They're in Illinois several times this year.
Definitely worth seeing.