"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

HEY YOU GUYYYYS!

Over here! Hey! You presidential candidates! Yeah you!

Ahem. Um, yeah. Thank you. Now that I have your attention, I would like to ask a question or two.
I know, you've been busy stumping and all, but that's really what I wanted to talk to you about. Your issues and rhetoric.

See, I've been hearing all this stuff about your plans to fix things, but I've sorta been wondering what you plan on doing for me. Maybe I'm just being a bit selfish, but since I'll be voting this fall, I would sort of like to know who to vote for. Maybe you could take a minute and clear up a couple things for me.

You see, I hear you say you're going to 'fix' the medical insurance problems. For instance, people who can't afford insurance are going to have insurance shoved down their throat provided for them. But what I would like to know is since I already have insurance that costs me - forgive me here - an arm and a leg, what good does your promise to provide insurance to the uninsured do me? It seems to me that companies will only raise my rate even more to cover people who don't have insurance, or you will want me to pay for their insurance out of another pocket such as property tax or something. I don't hear anything from you where you are working on the root causes of skyrocketing insurance rates, or giving me any sort of break or relief for providing my own insurance as I have done for years.

Which brings me to who is uninsured...

See, you've been talking about what you're going to do for wetbacks illegal aliens, migrant workers, whatever you want to call them. How they'll be assimilated, pardoned, whatever. Well, I think that maybe if we didn't have to care for so many people who - maybe you should sit down for this - are in this country ILLEGALLY, as in THEY'RE BREAKING THE LAW BY BEING HERE!!! Why are we pandering to them. Free medical treatment, public schooling, "Press 1 to continue", ...
Shouldn't we be dealing with them like other people who break the law? Shouldn't we arrest them, maybe even - gasp - deport them for theft? Tax evasion? Make sure they don't come back to take advantage of our good will?
See, I was born and raised here and maybe I just don't understand all their troubles, but I have paid taxes on my wages for 30-odd years and property taxes for about 18 years. Why should I have to pay income and taxes when they don't?
I understand that taxes are a necessary evil, but I also think I should only have to pay my share and not other peoples' too.

Which brings me to the property taxes...

I pay property tax in two states. A fairly large chunk of my property tax is for indigent care. You know what indigent care is, right? If not, it's money I pay the county to cover welfare recipients and illegal aliens when they need to go to the hospital because - woops! They don't have medical insurance!

Another big chunk of my property taxes go to public schools. I don't have kids in the public school system. Never have. Yet, like I mentioned above, I pay taxes in two states for public schools and libraries. Hell, I haven't even set foot in a library in oh, say 20 years. Thanks to Al Gore, I have an internet I can pretty much look anything up I need to know.
Now I don't mind helping out here, as long as I am being treated fairly about it. But since I have paid into these systems, you people have my number. You seem to think you can squeeze a little more out of me.
Nice. I pay for other people's kids to go to school and learn how everyone is an equal and no one is better than anyone else, how you don't have to win because there are no losers, and how if you screw up you can't be punished for it because daddy will sue.

Well, I don't want to bore you too bad, but see, I guess my point here is that I hear what you want to help out school kids, wetbacks illegal aliens, fags homosexuals, unborn babies, welfare recipients, stem cells, third world countries, convicts, ... to name a few groups. But I haven't heard anything that makes me think "Hey! I'm employed, I'm a citizen, I have insurance, I pay taxes, I pay for someone's college. And look! That person is also interested in me! They want my vote, because they're going to ... uh, I don't know. I don't have a clue. They haven't said what they want to do for me."
All I hear is what you are going to do to provide for people or what you're going to to take from me to provide for others, but I haven't heard about anything I'm getting out of it except for a pocket full of fingers going for my wallet.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said!

Anonymous said...

No one has offered me any hope since Reagan.

Please think of the children.

curmudgeon said...

sk,
Thanks!

mark,
What? It's the children who cause Global Warming™.