"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Stimulation

So did anyone watch the POTUS' press conference last night?

I watched part of it. I thought I owed it to our fabulous commander in chief to listen to what he had to say. So what exactly did he say? I'm not quite sure.
The parts of his speech he either memorized or was reading from the teleprompter, were quite understandable. After that, I have no fucking clue.

His introductory monologue - which I was able to keep up with, was all about how the economy sucks, how the dems need to convince the repubs how bad things are and how bad the stimulus bill needs to pass.

After that, he started answering the usual bullshit questions from reporters. Which of course, dealt more with war and foreign policy than the stimulus, which I thought was the reason he was fucking there in the first place.
Fucking reports. They all suck.

Anyway, when he started answering all those bullshit questions, he was talking so many circles he totally lost me. He got me so confused on multiple trains of thought, I had no idea where he was headed, and when he finished, I had no idea where went.

Maybe I'm just stupid or don't understand things good enough to keep track. But if that's the case, what about anyone else watching the shit?
I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. I may do some stupid stuff, but I'm not totally stupid. And if I don't know what the fuck he's talking about, how could the idiots who voted for him understand it?

And what's with this dude constantly looking left, looking right, looking left, ...
Can he not look straight ahead once in a while? I am John Q. Public. He is coming to my living room through the eyes of a camera lens. Can he not look me in the eye vicariously through the fucking camera once in a while?

I was always taught that when you're addressing someone, you look them in the eye. Sure, you can glance off to the side now and then. But in order to show interest, appear trustworthy and not look bored or elusive, you speak directly to them.

It appears Obamm-bamm cannot do that. He cannot talk directly to his audience. Until he does, I just consider it more bullshit lip service.
Which really, is all that it is.




Update: "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
-Ronald Reagan

Be afwaid. be vewy vewy afwaid.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree. Once he started freelancing I couldn't make sense of anything he said.

curmudgeon said...

Glad I wasn't the only one.