"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Monday, March 02, 2009

"And Now You Know, The Rest Of The Story"

Radio Legend Paul Harvey Dies
The "most listened to man" in broadcasting passed away Saturday. After more than seven decades on the air, venerable radioman Paul Harvey's folksy speech and plain talk are no more.
Radio legend passes away at 90.

Harvey died at the age of 90 at a hospital near his winter home in Phoenix.
[...]
I remember back when I was oh, maybe 12 years old listening to the A.M. radio and hearing this guy. He was on one of the few stations we would get in my home town.

I remember hearing the news with Leslie Stahl, some sort of mystery theater - which usually kept me awake another half hour or so with visions of bad guys in my head, and and some old fogie named "Paul Harvey".
But for some reason, I just couldn't change the station. His voice at the time was somehow mesmerizing and even a bit fascinating. The more I listened, the more I anticipated his next broadcast.

Anyway, I enjoyed the guy, and he will be missed.

"This is Paul Harvey ..., good day."




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Miss Sassy said...

He was part of my growing up too - when I first started driving I was so sick of listening to my parents music and my sisters music I was on the hunt for something I enjoyed, so I'd find reasons to go driving so I could hunt radio stations, ended up saving his station and finding a route around town to let me listen to his whole broadcast... actually got a flashback of a particular intersection I'd usually hear that "good day" just reading it =)
wv= lator. creepy!

curmudgeon said...

He must have had quite an audience to be on the air that long.

Anonymous said...

The guy was around as long as I can remember. I think he actually started broadcasting in the early 30's.

curmudgeon said...

Yeah, that's what the news said. Early 30's.

Anonymous said...

He will be missed by many.