"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One Of My Last Conversations With An 8-track Player

This post by 60 and counting made me chuckle when I read it:
For the last week I have been watching TV.

What I have found, is that all this business about being a nice person is full of it.

I have seen people trapped in a Gold Mine. A bloke and his kids lost at sea for 12 days. A little girl hit by a car and now in a hospital induced coma. Untold people killed in car accidents. Three people killed when a factory blew up and the list goes on.

Not one of these people was described as an asshole. Every one was the nicest person alive who did everything for everybody.

So why is it these things only happen to nice people. Bugger being nice. It hurts. If you don't believe me, watch TV. I am qite happy to be an asshole thank you.

It reminded me of a Billy Joel 8-track I once had:

8-track:
"They say there's a heaven for those who will wait"

Curmudgeon:
"That's what I hear."

8-track
: "Some say it's better but I say it ain't"

Curmudgeon:
"With 72 virgins waiting? You got 72 virgins here?"

8-track
: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints"

Curmudgeon:
"You have plenty of company then! Bwahahaha!!!
"But you're being a little judgmental, aren't you?"

8-track
: "Sinners are much more fun..."

Curmudgeon:
"I'll give you that."

8-track: "And only the good die young"

Curmudgeon:
"Oh? Then why am I still around?"

[...]

There were much better songs on that tape than this one though.
Take this one for instance...

No comments: