"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

This Day In Music

From Billboard.com:
1988 - Roy Orbison dies of a heart attack while on a visit to his mother near Nashville, Tenn. He is 52. His biggest hit is the million-selling No. 1 song "Oh, Pretty Woman." He is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987. In 1988 he joins the superstar collaboration the Traveling Wilburys.
I sorta like the Traveling Wilburys stuff. A merger of the old and new sound.
1983 - No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: "Say, Say, Say," Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson.
Last I heard, Paul was very apologetic for selling out on this one.
1970 - The Rolling Stones' concert film "Gimme Shelter" premieres.
I never saw that film. I should sometime I guess. Just for the hell of it.
1969 - The Rolling Stones' hold an ill-fated concert at California's Altamont Speedway, where a fan is stabbed to death near the stage.
Remember? The Hell's Angels were security?
All I can say is, go figger.
1920 - Jazz artist Dave Brubeck is born.
Ahhh. "Take Five". Nifty song.

And from ThisDayInMusic.com:
1969, Led Zeppelin made their debut on the US singles chart with 'Whole Lotta Love', it went on to make No.4 on the chart and was the first of six Top 40 singles for the group in the US.
This is the song that really turned me on to rock and roll. Until then, I would listen to about anything, but this song was the cool drink after not realizing how thirsty I really was.

No comments: