"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Independence Day

I may or may not be doing any posting tomorrow. Depends on just how lazy I get. So here's to a great Independence Day. Toss back a cold one, chew on a hot dog, a burger, maybe an ear of corn while visiting with friends and/or family.

In the meantime, try to ignore all that fucking loud, obnoxious "4TH OF JULY BLOWOUT", "HOT DEALS ON COOL WHEELS", "INDEPENDENCE DAY SELL-ABRATION" bullshit which nowadays is seemingly the basis of the holiday.

Instead, try to remember why exactly the hell we have the day off:

















It wasn't an easy task, but I sure as hell appreciate it.


"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

-Patrick Henry





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

nice independenace day art there. I posted a full copy of the Declaration of Independence on my blog today, figured we all shoudl read it every hundred years or so...

curmudgeon said...

P.S.S.,
Thanks. And I agree with you there. It don't hurt to peruse that thing every now and again.

Anonymous said...

Have a happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Nicely said. Many thanks to those like Pick, who continue to ensure our independence and freedom.

curmudgeon said...

Linda,
Thanks! And, I did. I hope you did too!

S.K.,
Thanks. And I agree.

curmudgeon said...

Absolutely!

Hope you had a great 4th too!