"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Monday, December 03, 2007

A Sad Day

Evil Knievel dies at 69

November 30, 2007
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CLEARWATER, Fla. — Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho’s Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died today. He was 69.
[...]
I can't believe he lived that long. He had more scars than brains, and more broken bones than rock stars have groupies.
But that dude was my friends and I's hero back in the day. He was the one who in my opinion, invented daredevils. We used to watch him do his shit on teevee holding our breath, just waiting to see him die. But he never did.
Of course, we would then go out and jump our bicycles over a brick or something and wonder how anyone could do what he did when we couldn't even fly more than 10" in the air.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that about him dieing. Made me feel sort of sad, another big name from my younger days gone. There aren't that many left, when you really think about it. And if they're all gone, how far behind can the rest of us be?

curmudgeon said...

Well hopefully, I have a couple more years left.
But it does make you wonder.