"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, May 08, 2009

A Good Read

Don't Turn Drinking Into a Responsibility

"Drink responsibly." Talk about an oxymoron.

Don't we already have enough responsibility in our lives?

Kids. Job. Clients. Decisions. Paying bills. Making deadlines. Watching your weight. Mowing the lawn. Filling the tank. Initiating foreplay. Then there's moral responsibility, civic responsibility, fiduciary responsibility. Don't you just want to say "screw responsibility" some times? Those times were made for drinking.

Yet you can't even do that without being constantly pressured by every single ad for beer, wine or booze to "drink responsibly". I'm not even sure exactly what that means, but I've got news -- the last thing I want to be when I'm drinking -- is responsible. All this responsibility is the reason I'm drinking in the first place.
[...]
Go read the rest. It's a hoot!


Via: PJM/Vodka Pundit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Pique Oil said...

The catchy little saying being rammed sown our throats here in NEw Zealand is "It's not the drinking, it's how we are drinking"
http://www.alcohol.org.nz/MediaRelease.aspx?PostingID=3111
Makes you want to throw up looking at it.
As a retried drunk I can clearly state that this sort of rubbish had no meaning or effect. I retired because I wished to do so, not because some nanny told me it was "bad" for me.
Responsible and drinking are an exercise in control. so long as it is self control it has a chance of working. The minute it is imposed by others it becomes a barrier to circumvent or just ignore.
Busybody Morons should be the motto of these creatures.

curmudgeon said...

I totally agree. I'm sure the gummint makes the booze companies add that 'catchy' little saying onto their ads in order to run them.
It makes the do-gooders feel better.

curmudgeon said...

Not on purpose. It was a link I blindly followed to see what someone else considered entertaining.

Believe me, I don't hang out there.

none said...

I'll have my responsibility on the rocks with a twist and a beer chaser.

curmudgeon said...

Right with you there, Hammer.