"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bummer

Actor and singer Robert Goulet dies at 73:

Tue Oct 30, 10:21 PM ET LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer-actor Robert Goulet, whose rich baritone voice made him an instant success when he played Lancelot in the original 1960 Broadway hit 'Camelot,' died on Tuesday at age 73.
[...]
Like I said, bummer. He had quite a voice. And I actually got to meet him once.

Back in my house painting days, my crew painted his house. And yes, it was a very nice house with some very nice cars in the garage.

Anyway, I was doing some work on the inside of the house while the rest of the crew was outside. Goulet was just sitting there on the sofa smoking a cigar and reading the newspaper, and I asked him what he needed done.

He showed me what he wanted done, and while I was working we commenced to carry on the idle chatter that usually went along with working in someone's home whilst they stand by or go on about their day. It wasn't any sort of useful conversation, it was just two guys shooting the shit. But it was a memorable experience.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that on the radio this morning. Seems like most of the people in entertainment I like have died off these days.

curmudgeon said...

Quite a few lately.

Anonymous said...

The way he treated the locals in Vegas made him a truly "Class Act". He will be missed by many.

curmudgeon said...

Yeah, he wasn't a snooty star like a lot of them are.