"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, August 26, 2005

More On Coal Mining

As you may already know, back in the day, I was a coal miner.
At first I didn't like the idea, but after working a couple jobs that paid less than half of what my coal miner friends were making, I decided fuck it. I was 19 years old and wanted to play.
I wanted to have a nice, new 4-wheel drive truck, a snowmobile, motor bike, fishing rods - all the things my friends had, but that I couldn't afford. So I went to work in a mine.

But I digress....

The reason I started on this was because at lunch time, I usually see some weirdo walking around. Today I saw some tall, lanky dude walking around which reminded me of one of the guys I briefly worked with in the mine.

Now coal mines are not the best places to work, and are definitely not the most conducive environment to people who are either afraid of the dark or claustrophobic.
But nevertheless, the brainiac in the employment office hired a guy who was both. The guy knew, the employment office knew, and as soon as he got underground the rest of us knew. He had to be teamed with someone his entire shift. Couldn't be left alone or he would freak the hell out.

Well, the poor soul didn't last very long. He finally couldn't handle going underground any more and one morning after arriving at work, turned around and took off walking home.

He was last seen walking down the road about 10 miles away from the mine, carrying the fender off a long-abandoned car, mumbling something about how the aliens were coming.

Yup. That's the sort of people you really want to work with five miles under a mountain.

1 comment:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Sounds like he had enough screws loose in his head to be imcompatible with LOTS of jobs!