"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ain't Technology Wonderful?


Tenn. woman who spent life in iron lung dies at 61

By WOODY BAIRD, Associated Press Writer Thu May 29, 1:35 AM ET

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A woman who defied medical odds and spent nearly 60 years in an iron lung after being diagnosed with polio as a child died Wednesday after a power failure shut down the machine that kept her breathing, her family said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Dianne Odell, 61, had been confined to the 7-foot-long metal tube since she was stricken by polio at 3 years old.
[...]
Now I don't usually wish death on anyone, with the exception of some politicians, ambulance chasers, psychos, and a handful of other people who just piss me off. But I can't imagine living this life.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

country roads said...

no kidding. I heard a little about it on the radio yesterday. Seems she read her way through college and everything while stuck in there. That's pretty cool, but I don't know if it was all worth it.

curmudgeon said...

Yeah, I'll give her credit for using her brain her entire life, but the trade off just don't seem to balance out to me.