"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Conversation I Had With Myself This Morning While Getting Ready For Work And Listening To The News On The Radio

Me: Miers withdrew her nomination, eh?

Me: 'Bout time.

Me: Not that I care, but...

Me: Yeah, she sure stirred up a rucous.

(Radio Plays Crowd Sounds Taped At Harry Carey's): "♫Nah-nah-nah nah.,♪♫ Nah-nah-nah nah, ♪♫ Hey hey hey, Goodbye...♪♫"

Me:
Yeah, I watched that game. Couple nice plays toward the end.

Me: Funny, I hear about a lot of people cheering and having a good time, but you know what's missing?

Me: What's that?

Me: Riots.

Me: Riots?

Me: Yeah. I don't hear anything on the news about how Sox fans went crazy after the game and started fires, turned over cars, went to jail, you know...

Me: Yeah, but the last game was in Houston, not at Comiskey.

Me: May have made a difference.

Me: Or they're a little more civilized than people in some cities.

Me: Well, better get going.

2 comments:

Peggasus said...

Yes, it was somewhat gratifying to see that they didn't go all apeshit with the looting and burning.

I like to think it would have been the same even had they won here at home. I would also like to point out that all the local news stations were very clear on the police presence all around the city throughout the series. Daley doesn't mess around.

curmudgeon said...

I'm sure all the cops worked overtime. Not that that has stopped any other city though.