"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, October 14, 2005

Brew Update

Gee whiz. Slacking again. I went a full week without giving an update of the weekend sampling of the Yellow Cloud Hefeweizen. So sorry.

Well, here's the scoop. Me and this guy put one of my Tap-A-Draft jugs in the fridge last friday, anticipating a sampling the following day.
So then Saturday, after a few hours of woodworking, blues on the XM, a few store-boughts, and much bullshitting, we charged the jug and sampled the wares.

Very interesting.
Very tasty, but also interesting. Poured into one of my fine frosted steins, it was nice and cold, and plenty carbonated.

Slightly sweet bubble-gum flavor; very little hop flavor or aroma; but the belches - THAT's when the hop flavor reared it's head. Not a bad thing, not overpowering, it's just that - well, "Here I am!"

All in all, I thought it was quite good.
M.M. - I'll await your comment...

2 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

bubble gum flavor? I hope that is better than it sounds (or is it a techinical term?)

curmudgeon said...

That's just some of the flavor that particular yeast imparts on some hefe's. Others add a little banana flavor, and some do both.
For real though, it does have a hint of bubble gum.