"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fucking Free Shit -or- I Don't Want To Be Assimilated

Okay, so evidently blogger is making everyone switch to the 'new' blogger. The one that replaces beta. Since you folks that have been assimilated switched to beta blogger are now on the new blogger automatically, bully for you.

And since blogger has been promoted to a release version instead of beta, I figgered what the hell. I may as well make the switch.

Weeeeelllll, I was fucking wrong. Evidently, if you're blog has too many posts and comments, you can't make the switch.

Since I'm not using the beta, and since I can't convert, I can't comment on your blogs. So don't think I'm stuck up. I can't. It won't let me.

Fucking free shit.


Update: I guess I'm not the only one having issues. Susan is too:
Blogger used to be my friend. Now it is more like the semi-dysfunctional co-worker you tolerate because they bring in brownies occasionally. And not only does it stop my commenting on certain blogs, but it will not allow me to switch my blog to the new Beta Blogger thingee. Stupid Blogger.
Hear here!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I can comment on your site as long as I can type "roesigy".

curmudgeon said...

Well, you can at least comment on my blog. Unlike me with blogsavy.

Oh, and I can't even comment anonymously on those 'new' blogger blogs.

Here, all I have to type is pmjuhmpe and I'm done!

Anonymous said...

Me thinks Al Gore hates you.

rachel said...

Heh, I tried to comment earlier and blogger crashed. Maybe I'm the anti-blogger.

On a side note, I've only had three comments held up as spam on blogsome. And it holds them for me to decide what their fate shall be. I can tweak the settings as to how AR they should be.

Jean said...

Damn....... now what, Dave??? I'm still old Blogger.... that is, my BLOG is still old Blogger... don't you dare go there!!

Anonymous said...

I can comment on your blog and you can't comment on mine.

Nah-ner naher-ner boo-boo.

In case you missed that: Nah-ner naher-ner boo-boo.

Ha ha-ha ha-hah ha!

Anonymous said...

Also:


HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

What's that sucking sound?

Oh, ho-ho, the Google!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am one of the loved. Google lets me comment here, AND I can comment on Mark's blog. I have a domain that I have been thinking about moving my blog to, but 1) I'm a lazy ass, and 2) I'm REALLY a lazy ass. I may get around to it at some point, but so far I am having no problems with Blogger.

Why fix it if it ain't broke. ;-)

BTW.. I use a domain host that is only $35 a year. I think I'll hang on to it, I like cheap....ummm, I mean FRUGAL.

curmudgeon said...

Rachel,
HAH! You broke it!
Hmm. Seems to be a fairly easy task.

So, how well do you like blogsome?

Jean,
Yes, I can comment fine on yours. STAY PUT!!!!

Mark et al,
You should be about tired of typing verify words by now, no? :)

just_d,
I can't comment on your blog.

rachel said...

Blogsome's not so bad. Took a few minutes to get used to it, but I've got no regrets.

Their forum server is apparently not the same as the one (some of the) blogs are on, so if your blog isn't coming up, you can check there for outages. And that practically never happens compared to blogger.

There's also a huge wealth of knowledge for how how to do stuff.

You can sign up for a test blog, I think. I've still got one for when I'm toying with the idea of making a more personalized template.

The one thing I don't know is what it's like to import from an old blog. I killed the last one outright. You may want to dig around here to see what's been said about it. The search is a little hard to find if you don't have an account.

Oh, and they're based in Ireland.

curmudgeon said...

Maybe if I get sick enough of blogger I'll move. But I would hate to lose all the bullshit I've posted.
Not that there's anything worth keeping.