"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, December 15, 2006

Photo Meme

I moved this back to the top, because although the response has been somewhat good, it's NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Come on now people, we're not asking for nude shots here, just a picture to associate with a personality! Now get on it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've all seen the 'meme' things floating around emails and blogs.

No, I don't know what "meme" means/is/stands for, nor do I care. I figgered it was a handle some 'blogger' in the 'blogosphere' had gone and dreamed up. Whatever.

You know what I'm talking about. "Name 5 things about" you, your dog, your past, your sex life, your dog's sex life, your past sex life with your dog, ... Or maybe it's about where you grew up, what jobs you had, how boks you've read, movies you've watched, blah blah blah, the list goes on.

Did I digress a little there? Sorry. Anyway,

Mark has up and thrown down the gauntlet. For some reason, he wants to associate a face with a blog personality. Since he did it, he now thinks we all need to do it.

Well now, I ain't skeered to show my mug. Not really. Skeered that is.
I was thinking - being the gentleman that I am - I would accept the challenge.

I am however, a little leery about being outed - as it were - just because it is a verboten thing at my job. I don't really give a shit if the rest of the world knows what I look like. They might, but I don't. In fact, I even used to have a picture of myself in my profile.

So I'll go ahead and post a picture. Not a very recent picture as it sits, but if one were to say, click on the picture, one could see a recent picture.
In fact, one would see a picture takn while waiting to go to dinner with some friends of ours on the boat.




Yes, that is 'the real me', and Mrs Curmudgeon, who I am quite sure - after reading some of my posts - wishes to remain anonymous.

Oh, and by the way, the bottle in the picture is a Miller Lite. True, there was no MGD. But it wasn't a Bud bottle. The trick photography made the bottle pink.
Damn! I thought the shithead knew his beers better than that! I guess that's another lesson I'll have to teach him the next time he's up my way.


So then. Like Mark said:
I want to see your smiling faces. Here’s the deal: I’ll post a recent picture of myself and ask that those of you on my blogroll (and I’m sorry if it’s not 100% up to date) post one too. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a face to match the wit?

One rule: It must be a recent photo. Like within the past year because posting a flattering picture of what you looked like 20 years ago is cheating.

Hell, all of us where either musclebound or had perky tits 20 years ago.

One exception: If you are blogging incognito for some reason then I certainly respect your privacy.
There it is. If you've gotten this far, the challenge is to post a picture of yourself on your blog, or at least link to one so we - or at least I, can associate the face with the blog.
You don't have to come completely out and give a name or any other personal shit. But I'm with Mark here. I do like to picture the personality on the other end of the line.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wholly crap -- I was expecting a "Mark sucks" review but I didn't get it. I'm sure in time I'll pay. I bring the lubricant with me next time I see you.

See now that's an excellent picture!

curmudgeon said...

"I learned to love in San Francisco..."


Oh, and by the way - Mark sucks.

Anonymous said...

How exactly is it your high-tech-can-take-pictures-of-everything-in-perfect-still-motion digital camera can't figure out red from gold.

Hmm?

You were drunk. I ordered you an MGD but they were out because you already drank all the phukking MDG on the boat so I got you a Bud.

...and for all I know I was drinking a double piss and coke!

curmudgeon said...

Bullshit! That's a Miller Lite label.

Unless you ordered it for me. Then I'll drink whatever they serve.

Anonymous said...

I was watching you back bro!

Jean said...

Aw, c'mon you guys... I have a photo on my blog... yeah, it's 9 yrs ago, but the only real difference is that my hair is shorter... really... that's the only difference! Besides, my boobies were always too big to ever be "perky"!... heh

Jean said...

I just clicked on all the pics.
This is way cool, since I had, for unknown reasons, images in my mind of youse guys being kids... like maybe early 30's... even though I know Dave is 45. Whatever... all four of you (including the wives here) are hubba-hubba!! Mark, this is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

maybe next time you can get a tiny little umbrella in your girly drink too

curmudgeon said...

Jean,
MMMMmmmm, maybe we'll accept that.

shoes,
I refuse to cave to the whims of the Carnival crew and purchase one of those umbrella drinks from the tray.
Besides, rum gives me the shits.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pic of you and the beautiful Mrs. Mudge! (May I call you Mudge, btw? I should probably ask Scottsdale Princess, since that's who I'd be stealing it from).

Scottsdale Girl said...

Damn right Freddie
MUDGE IS MINE, but I'll share. :) Cuz I roll like that.

*cough*

Mudge: I will post a pic for tomorrow's entry. Tell Mark.

Anonymous said...

Thanks SG.

Oh, I was also gonna say... Nuttin like an ice cold MGD in a frosty mug!

curmudgeon said...

freddie,
Shucks [blush]
Of course I don't mind you nice people calling me 'MUDGE'. It is a little shorter to type out.

S.G.,
Mind if I call you 'S.G.'? Same reason. :)

Scottsdale Girl said...

You know I don't mind.

Pammy said...

Well, geeze...I guess I hafta say the same thing I did to Mark...you're a nice lookin guy...but your incognito wife is gorgeous!

curmudgeon said...

Ah, gee. Thanx. :)

Anonymous said...

I just left an excellent clue at Mark's place. Once you both find it though, it's going (and your comment at my place just now may well be deleted too - I hope you understand...). Also, I think it fits in with your post pretty well.

curmudgeon said...

freddie,
I understand completely. Not a problem.

I like your taste in brew. :)

Thanx, and CHEERS back at you!

Anonymous said...

I will email a picture after christmas (time for a new one anyway).

I won't be posting it though.

curmudgeon said...

just d,
That will work. :)