"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oopsy-Daisy

Boy killed when car hits Ill. school
SHILOH, Ill. - A car plowed through the wall of an elementary school cafeteria during lunch Monday, killing an 8-year-old boy and injuring two other students and the 84-year-old driver, police in this St. Louis suburb said.
[...]
Uh, let me guess. Gas pedal instead of brake?

Look. If you aren't able to drive, then get out of the car.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

GUYK said...

I hope when the time comes I have the good sense to throw away my keys..all too many do not do so..I live in one of the many areas of Florida where drivers over 65 just about outnumber all others. And I am one of them..and as the sayin goes..nowhere to go and all day to get there. The majority are capable and safe vehicle operators but there are always that few that make it tough on the rest of us.

But the facts remain in Florida that more accidents by percentage of drivers and miles driven are caused by young people between 16 and 25 than by us old farts. Our hormones are not racing I reckon and we don't have to prove how good we are behind the wheel..

curmudgeon said...

I'm with you all the way there.

My only concern is that people get to a point where they can't see worth a shit any more and end up bumping into things, or they just don't have the reflexes to react any more. Or they end up hitting the gas instead of the brake.

I totally understand how traumatic it can be for someone to finally admit that they just shouldn't drive any more. Lose that freedom or independence. I saw it first with my parents, then others. But I'll bet this woman admits it after thinking about how she killed a child.