"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, January 21, 2005

Life on Titan?

I think it's really cool to be able to send spacecraft to other planets and moons in our system. In this article there's a picture from the Cassini-Huygens spacecraft which recently alit on Saturn's moon Titan:
Science Photos - Reuters:
"Titan is covered by 'dirty' ice ridges and seas of liquid natural gas,"

But I'm puzzled. 'Natural gas' on Earth is made from decaying organic material like plants, trees, etc. LPG, as well as gasoline, kereosene and so on, are made by heating crude oil.
Unless this moon formed somehow from Earth, or unless natural gas can be created another way, this says to me there was once life on Titan. Or whatever bigger mass Titan came from.
I'll be interested to see where this leads.

No comments: