"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Monday, January 10, 2005

The Weekend

Just a quick post about the weekend. Maybe I'm a sentimental old curmudgeon sometimes, but a couple things crossed my mind and I figgered I would throw them out.
My wife and I went out of town for the weekend to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. (I can't believe it's been 20 years, but I guess like they say, time flies.)

Anyway, the reasoning behind this post is to throw a couple well-wishes out there.
  • To my wife: Thank you for the nice weekend together and the last 20 years. May we continue to be as happy together for 20 more.
  • To the couple a few tables away - she in her bridal gown and he in his tux: May you still be together, as we are, after 20 years. And may you still be as happy and content with each other as we are after all that time.
  • To the couple at the table next to ours in the smoking section: May you continue to remain as polite as you were to us. Even though we were sitting in the smoking section, seated as 'first available', she had the courtesy to ask if we minded if she smoked.
Now I enjoy the occasional cigar. 'Big Mac' to me is a nice Macanudo, ring size about 5 or 6. But I have never liked someone smoking at the table while I'm eating. I think it's inconsiderate and selfish. And I won't impose my 'smelly' cigar on people around me without asking them first. So I really appreciated it when this lady asked if we minded.

No comments: