"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, July 21, 2006

Because You Need To Know

Root canal treatment, what is it?
I just had to go and read this. But there is a certain part where I cry "BULLSHIT!!!" To wit:
"We'd be the first to acknowledge that root canal treatment has a reputation for being painful, but we'd be the last to agree that this reputation is deserved. It seems most likely to us that the majority of derogatory remarks you hear in regards to root canal treatment almost certainly must have included in them references to the pain and discomfort that the person experienced leading up to receiving treatment.

For the average person and the average case, root canal treatment is a nonevent and not any more uncomfortable than having a filling placed."
Like hell! I've had one root canal. It was the most painful experience I've ever had in my life. And that includes a herniated disc in my back. At least pills numbed that a little.
On the other hand, I don't think it's possible to shoot me up with enough novacaine to numb me enough to where I won't feel dental pain.
And then to shove that gawddamn file in the tooth? I could have sworn I had holes in my eyeballs after that. Yes, it was an upper tooth.

Anyway, morbid curiousity made me read that article. Neat graphics though.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Holes in your eyeballs?

Ryan Jerz said...

I just had one of these about a month ago. It was totally easy. I swear. Barely felt anything. Now, the thing is, the doctor told me that if You hada huge infection in the tooth that came and went, it'd be easy. If not, that's when it hurts like hell. I had been told so many stories of pain, but it was easier than getting a filling, honest.

curmudgeon said...

just d,
That's what it felt like. Hurt like hell.

mrjerz,
Evidently, the nerves in my tooth weren't ruined enough to be dead. And they gave me like 5 shots. It took about 6 hours for my face to start working again, but I felt every little thing that dentist did in the meantime. Suckage I tell you.