"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Just What We Need

I won't even bother posting a source on this one. I believe this story made every news outlet in the country, not to mention about half the blogs on these innerwebs:
Deputy, Car Chase Suspect Wounded After 95 Rounds Fired At SUV

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. -- A car chase suspect in California was wounded after deputies fired more than 90 rounds into his SUV.

Deputies were responding to a call about shots being fired in a troubled Compton neighborhood when they tried to pull over an SUV that had been reported loitering.

The car fled, and police ended a 15-minute chase by using spikes to flatten its tires.

Videotape showed 10 Los Angeles County deputies surrounding the vehicle -- and then opening fire after it lurched forward and hit a squad car.

The driver was hospitalized with non-life-threatening wounds. A deputy was treated for a bruise after a shot hit his bulletproof vest.

No gun was found in the SUV.
Couple things here.
I personally heard the roar of millions of gun fearing wussies screaming with simultaneous orgasms as the images of these 10 deputies firing with reckless abandon at stalled vehicle with an unarmed citizen inside were broadcast around the country. These images will definitely add some fuel to their fires of paranoia. That pretty much goes without saying.

However, I wasn't there. I don't know exactly what happened short of what was shown on the teevee. But hey, I watch sci-fi on teevee too. I don't believe everything I see just because it's on that box.
All details haven't been released yet. The cops may have seen him waving something around which may have appeared to be a weapon. I won't fault them shooting at the guy without knowing why.

I will fault them for not knowing how to shoot worth a piss. Come on now. 10 deputies firing close to 100 shots at a parked car? They only give the guy minor wounds?
These people need a little range time. They shot up the truck, the 'hood, houses, trees and even each other, but failed to fatally hit the bad guy?
Yeah, I would really want them serving and protecting me.

I'm guessing you won't even be able to get within a half mile of that neighborhood today. There will probably be a line of lawyers reaching all the way around the block.

Update: Sorry, I was mistaken. Evidently, there were closer to 120 shots fired.
Oh, and guess who shows up:
"The Rev. Al Sharpton arrived in Los Angeles on Wednesday and met with Hayes, 44, and his family at the hospital where he is recovering. Sharpton said Hayes was in "intense pain."
Sharpton also called for an investigation, saying an apology from Baca was inadequate."
Anyone have an extra soapbox laying around?

No comments: