"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Announcement

Okay, I have an announcement to make to the entire internet:

Mars will not be spectacular this month and next.
Earth is not catching up to it and yes, the next time Mars may come that close is in 2287.

That email still floating around was originated back when this event was going to occur 3 years ago.
This August, Mars will be 'up' during the day. In other words, Mars is on the other side of the sun from us. Not very close. We won't be able to see it.

So quit sending me announcements. Please.


Praise Allah.

2 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Are you into astronomy? I would like to be... I loved the course in college, got a telescope years later, but could never learn to focus it properly. I should go back to school, and take a more active role in my instruction, like hey asshole, don't focus it for me... teach me to focus it!

curmudgeon said...

I'm a hobbyist - armchair astronomer. I did take one semester of astronomy in college, but that's it. It was interesting, but too much math for my liking.
I do have a decent scope though, which really makes the star and planet gazing much more enjoyable.
You should check into attending a local 'star party'. Those will have a bunch of people who would be more than happy to show you how to work a scope and get the most out of it without shoving you aside and doing it themselves. They will also have different scopes set up for you to look through.
A good place to start would be a junior college. Ours usually has several events throughout the year. If nothing else, a google may turn something up.