"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Uuuhhh, What?

I . . . I . . . I just don't get it.

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - An Indian rape victim is being forced by village elders to "marry" her rapist -- her father-in-law, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Community leaders in Charthawal village, backed by local Muslim clerics, believe that by being raped, 28-year-old Imrana's 10-year marriage has been nullified under Islamic law, The Asian Age newspaper said.

Holding a special council on Sunday, village leaders ordered the mother of five to leave her husband, Noor Mohammed, and live with her parental family for seven months and 10 days and make herself "pure" again, The Age said. It did not say how she becomes pure.

After that, she must "marry" her father-in-law and live with him, along with his legal wife.

"She... will then be like a mother to Noor Mohammed," the paper quoted local cleric Shamim Ahmad saying.

Her four brothers have agreed to the edict. She has not but in India, victims of crime often have nowhere to turn and with even her own family supporting the edict she may have little choice.

I don't care what society you live in. How can you possibly be so Got-damn stupid as to think this is anywhere near being correct/proper/normal/commanded.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Since she's a woman in that moron society, she must have done something to entice daddy dearest into fucking her against her will. For shame.

And we're outsourcing our jobs to these dick-drips?


Allah be FUCKING praised.

3 comments:

megabeth said...

I don't have outgoing personal email at work but I could look at the photo you emailed me. And I have heard all sorts of non-positive things about working for HealthSouth, so your wife isn't the only person who thought it sucked. When I was looking for a job right out of college, they had so many job openings posted in the paper because apparently their employee retention rates are pretty low.

curmudgeon said...

sugarmama,
I'll also post this in your comments from where this all originated.

Yeah, she found out that they like to hire inexperienced people who would start out at an entry level rate, thereby saving a ton of salary money. When those people got some experience and started getting salary increases, they would piss the employee off usually by demanding unreasonable performance or setting unreachable goals. The employee would quit and be replaced by another 'trainee'.
My wife was told outright that there was a four point system. If everything required of her was completed, and all goals were met, they would receive their four points. But she was also told "No-one ever gets four points."
In this case, 4 points = 4% salary increas. So she never had anything to look forward to other than 3% salary increase as long as she was there.

megabeth said...

Heck, I don't get 4% raises where I work, but we get generous bonuses (15-20%) and promotions every now and then.

I don't understand, though, why some employers consider employees expendable, *esp* the salaried type. It is very expensive to turn over employees, especially in industries where knowledge is specialized.

A lot of B'ham folks invest in HealthSouth stock and have made good money on it, but I have never been interested in it. I guess employee turnover doesn't affect the bottom line as much as I had assumed?