"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Friday, July 01, 2005

Duck, Duck, Duck..............GOOSE! cont'd....

Peggasus offered up a challenge to me and I figgered, what the hell. Sounds interesting.

So:

Three screen names I've had:

  • This is my first crack at blogging, and 'curmudgeon' is the only handle I've used, just because it made for a good chuckle once when someone told me I was being one.
  • I've also used DSummZZZ on many a programming site and
  • 'Sparky' on a couple others.
Three things I like about myself:
  • First, that I like to do a variety of things. I would go nuts if my job was my life. I have many hobbies and interests, and enjoy doing a little of each here and there.
  • Second, that I'm sort of cool headed. It drives my wife crazy sometimes that I 'm not more open and animated. Like she is. But that's the environment I was raised and it rubbed off on me.
  • Third, that I've had a variety of jobs. Maybe that's where my diversified interests come from. I've worked since I was twelve years old. It's not like I worked in a shoe factory in Thailand, I started out hauling hay for my friend's farmer grandad on weekends to make a few dollars. But I've always had to pay for anything I 'wanted'. My 'needs' were taken care of, but anything I wanted to spend more than my allowance, I had to earn. I think it made me appreciate work and money a little more.
Three things I don't like about myself:
  • Sometimes I procrastinate too much. That irritates me.
  • Sometimes I get a little lazy and don't do as much around the house or workshop as I should. But then sometimes I feel like taking a break.
  • I don't play my instruments enough. I used to play my guitars and drums on a regular basis. I've been slacking on those.
Three parts of my heritage:
Like I said here, I'm an American mutt, my blood is Heinz 57. My mother's blood is predominantely irish, and my father's is german and english.
My dad was not very open at all as to where his family came from, did, nothing. So I dunno.
The ancestors on my mother's side were some of the handcart pulling, schooner driving pioneers crossing the prairie back in the early to mid 1800's, moving out west. I'm proud of my family's intestinal fortitude. It took guts to pack up and move out into the wild like that.

Three things that scare me:
Hmm. I don't have too many fears I guess. So I'll combine them with disgusts, enveloped as threats.
  • Losing my sight or hearing. I can't think of anything worse than never being able to see rocky mountain sunsets, or listen to music again.
  • Losing the ability to do the things I like to do. If I had to stop doing all my hobbies, projects, or even my job. Be it physical, monetary, whatever, I would go crazy not being able to work with my hands.
  • Whiney-assed passifists and what they'd like whiney-assed liberals to make them into using the whiney-assed organizations offering up umbrellas of protection like PETA, Greenpeace, ASPCA, ACLU. They're all a bunch of self-serving, money grubbing, dope smoking, delusioned idiots. And they're trying to make us all equal - like them.
Three of your everyday essentials:
  • Coffee - I like to drink the stuff in the morning while I'm doing a
  • Crossword puzzle - at the kitchen table, just after using my morning
  • Toilet paper allotment - prior to getting ready for work.
Three things you are wearing right now:
  • Hawaiian shirt
  • Tennies
  • Shit eating grin - almost time for the 3 day weekend - beer, bbq, blow-ups!
Three of my favorite songs:
  • Here Comes The Sun - Beatles
  • Something - Beatles
  • Along The Road - Dan Fogleberg
It really doesn't take a lot of music or instruments to make a good song. These have a concept so simple, but yet say volumes. I think they're all classics.
But there are oh so many more....

Three things I want in a relationship:

  • Truth - Don't even try to bullshit me. When I find out, like the good ump says, "YER OUTTA HERE!!!"
  • Humor - You must like lousy puns, one-liners, dry humor.
  • Good company - Don't get on my bad side. I'm passive-aggressive. You will pay.
Two truths and a lie:
  • I've been known to tell little white lies
  • Sometimes a big lie
  • I never lie
Three things I can't do without:
  • Companionship - Friends, family. I dont want to be single again, and I enjoy hanging out with people
  • Beer - I really enjoy making homebrew. Of course consuming it s good too.
  • Music - XM is the shit!
Three places you want to go on vacation:
  • Cancun/Cozumel again, maybe another part of Mexico
  • Alaska again - beautiful up there. At least in the summer.
  • Germany/Switzerland - Always had a hankerin', but never gone.
Three things you just can't do:
  • Kiss Ass - I would never survive were I to become a sales puke.
  • Walk on water. Unless it's frozen
  • Take advantage of other people.
Three kids' names:
We don't have any kids, so you get the dogs' names/breeds:
  • Heidi - White German Shepherd of our own accord
  • Buddy - German Shepherd/Akita mix from the rescue
  • Jake - Black and Tan Shepherd we were suckered into adopting
Things you want to do before you die:
  • Move out of Las Vegas, preferrably to my mountain cabin
  • Build my mountain cabin
  • Be able to retire
Three celeb crushes:
I hate celebs for the most part. At least the ones that open their mouths. But I guess there's a couple who I've liked:
  • Debra Winger - I've always liked her
  • Sigourney Weaver - So good in aliens
  • Demi Moore - I liked her in St. Elmo's Fire
Okay. That's enough for now. Remeber the shit eatin' grin I mentioned earlier? Well, it's that time.

Have a safe and happy fourth o' July.
And please, remember why we have it. And who's fighting to keep it:


4 comments:

curmudgeon said...

That's why you're not supposed to listen to what they have to say. Only what they're good at - like making music.

Peggasus said...

Alright, Dave! Nice.

I might not agree with you on the pacifist stuff (my husband accuses me of getting more liberal as I get older, because isn't it supposed to go the other way?), but otherwise I like it. I guess I'd probably like you, too, if we didn't talk politics (again, something me and the spouse don't discuss too often anymore).

My favorite parts: Dan Fogelberg (he went to my alma mater, the University of Illinois, and was also a painting student before he left to make the music. I've got all his albums, yeah, the VINYL), the home brew stuff (two of my three brothers are brewers), and hating the celebrity shit.

Best part? The Shit Eating Grin. That's also part of my heritage. I come from a long line of shit-eating-grinners. My boys do it too. :)

curmudgeon said...

peggasus,

Sounds like we could converse just fine then! I avoid politics every chance I get, unless I spout off on the blog.

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

All right! I feel like I know you quite a bit better. There's plenty here for us to agree and disagree on - and both are fun in my opinion! I love all who love Beatles! Don't give a shit about their politics and I don't care if they are drug-free and hit the bong before their feet hit the floor... their songs our awesome and that's all I care about. (p.s. by "they" I mean Paul and Ringo... May John and George rest in peace)