"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This Day In History - Bugs Bunny

From historychannel.com:
July 27

1940 Bugs Bunny's debut

On this day in 1940, Bugs Bunny first appears on the silver screen in "A Wild Hare." The wisecracking rabbit had evolved through several earlier short films. As in many future installments of Bugs Bunny cartoons, "A Wild Hare" featured Bugs as the would-be dinner for frustrated hunter Elmer Fudd.

Another one of my heroes.
Call me old-fashioned, but cartoons nowadays just ain't as good as the classics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Favorite Bugs Bunny line (singing): I dream of Jeanie, she's a light brown hare.

curmudgeon said...

My favorite scene:

"Double double toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble
Eye of needle
Tongue of shoe
Hand of clock that points ta two..."

Not bugs, but he was there being chased by Witch Hazel.