"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Sunday, July 03, 2005

This Day in History

From HistoryChannel.com:
"On this day in 1971, singer Jim Morrison is found dead in a bathtub in Paris. Morrison, 27, was taking a sabbatical from his hit rock band, The Doors, when he died of heart failure, likely caused by a drug overdose. Rumors abounded that Morrison, tired of fame, had faked his own death."
I like their music too.
But his 'poetry'? Kack. What a maroon.

3 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I read a lot of his poetry when I was truned on to the Doors, and based on the lyrics, I had high expectations. What a disappointment, huh?

Pooke said...

"The killer awoke before dawn... he put his boots on... he stole a face from the ancient gallery and he... and he WALKED INSIDE THE DOOR!... and he looked inside...

Walking IN the door! Pure Genious. And all this time we're walking OUT the door. Woah. Heavy.

Peggasus said...

I'll never forget when 'Touch Me' came out, in the mid-70s, I would guess. The lyrics were considered quite shocking at the time (if only they knew!).

We were watching the news at dinner one evening and a suitcoated and tie wearing old newscaster very seriously, slowly and deliberately read the lyrics......

Come on, come on, come on, come on, now
touch me babe
don't you know that I am not afraid....

Come on, come on, come on, come on, now
touch me babe......

I think I spit mashed potatoes all over the table at my parent's reaction.