"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

PETArds

Okay. We have all these protests by PETA, bitching about cruelty to animals.
I have a question - Why is it I never hear of them protesting at a rodeo?
Are they afraid? Afraid maybe several hundred rednecks, already having drank a couple or so cans of whoop-ass will cloud up and rain all over their asses?

They act fairly 'Holier-than-thou' when they're standing on the sidelines prior to any real action. Like the bull running bullshit in Spain, or on the front lawn of KFC. But I haven't heard any stories about them lining up behind the chutes at the fairgrounds with a line of F-350's marching along.

Just wonderin'.

3 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I am against senseless cruelty to animals... who isn't? But Peta takes the shit way too far. I've never been to a rodeo... I'm surprised peta isn't all over it. I see nothing wrong with using animals for food, and medical testing.

Anonymous said...

PETA does protest as rodeos. I think if the rodeo riders are as macho as they say they are, they should do what the bulls do: Have tight restraints laced over their genetalia before going into the ring.

As for medical testing, I'm wondering if you've ever toured a medical lab, or a facotry farm, for that matter. It's a lot worse that you think!

curmudgeon said...

Rachael,
I agree. PETA goes way too far.

I saw bunches of rodeos when I was younger. Small town, that's what we did. I also helped out branding, clipping and tagging.
It depends a lot on who you talk to as to whether it's cruel or not. To the rancher, it isn't. That's the way it's been done for centuries.

Personally, I would rather not have a red hot branding iron stuck on my ass, have my nuts cut off, have my ears cut, stuck in a chute, have someone climb on my back with a rope around my waist waiting for a prod with a high voltage jolt to be jabbed on my ass so I would be scared enough to jump out of said chute trying to lose the load on my back.
But, that's me.

mom,
The only rodeo protests I've heard of from PETA against rodeos are letters to governors, sponsers, etc., asking them to stop. Have I missed other protests? Probably. Since I haven't been to a rodeo for years, they may for all I know, be right there in the middle of it. But I'm sure that if they were really that zealous, it would have been all over the news.

I hate PETA. They're just a bunch of attention whoring assholes with too much time on their hands.
My only point in this post is that if they're serious, they need to get their candy-asses down to the arena and protest there.