"Obama's An Idiot" is where my political bitches now live. Go ye thereto and read.

Obama's An Idiot Main Page

Monday, September 26, 2005

Mythbusters

I like the show. But the one I would really like to have seen, with live test subjects, would be this one:
Episode 35
July 27, 2005

"Border Slingshot"
Illegal immigrants are being launched over the United States border by the means of a giant slingshot.

Busted

In addition to being unable to achieve the distance and accuracy reported, the device could not be constructed in a way to allow quick assembly and disassembly required for the myth.
They're getting here somehow though.

2 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

How come Mexico does so poorly in the Olympics? Because All the ones that can run, jump, or swim are Americans now.

I may have told you that one before... but I think it's funny.

I much more worried about immigration from across the atlantic... Saudi Arabians aren't coming here to bus tables, you know?

I hate to even utter such jokes and sentiments, because I don't really mean it on a person-to-person level... but I think gang activity and planes crashing into buildings are some good reasons to keep people out. Why can't they get to work at fixing what they don't like about their own countries?

curmudgeon said...

Rachael,
Mexicans will agree with that joke. You should feel no guilt. It is good though.

But immigration from across the Atlantic is another issue. They can come in from Mexico just as easy as mexicans.

Aus...,
Amazing isn't it? This area is full of them too.


Now, I have no problem with people wanting a better life. But they would rather run to America and take advantage of our hospitality than try to do something to fix their own shit.